Frequently Asked Questions
In the state of Maryland, no referral is needed to see a physical therapist. If you question your need to see your doctor first, feel free to call us to discuss!
Your therapist will spend the time listening to your medical history and treatment goals. They will then perform a comprehensive physical assessment focused around the movements and activities that are limited. Together, you and your therapist will come up with a game plan for recovery!
- Please wear comfortable workout clothing to the appointment to allow for movement or possible manual therapy.
- If you are coming in for the lower body, it is best to have shorts available.
- If you are coming in for the shoulder/neck region, we encourage for women to wear a top that exposes the shoulder blade area.
Current insurance reimbursement forces most companies to co-treat multiple patients at once and denies many performance based treatments that Onward delivers. We believe you deserve better and we refuse to allow an insurance company to dictate your care.
We can easily prepare a super-bill for you, which will allow you to easily submit proof of your appointment to your insurance for out-of-network reimbursement.
- This depends on the insurance you have, but YES, most non-Medicare patients can send “self-claims” to their insurance company for their treatments at our clinic. You should be able to print claim forms from your insurance company’s website, and send it in with the needed receipts and treatment codes that will be provided upon request at our clinic.
- The amount of reimbursement or application towards your deductible is completely dependent on your insurance plan. If you call your insurance company to inquire about what you can expect to receive, you should ask about reimbursement for “out-of-network Physical Therapy” expenses sent in via self-claims.